- The earliest known jewelry.
- Artifacts predating petroglyphs and pictographs by approximately 89,000 years.
- A material object not necessary for survival, thus one of the first indicators of symbolic thought.
- An indicator of when we became “modern man.”
- One of the first objects used for trade and commerce.
- One of the earliest indicators of human migration.
- Once of the first applications of glass technology; glass vessels postdate beads by approximately 1,500 years!
- One of the first catalogues, in the form of bead cards.
- Some of the earliest evidence of social status, social hierarchy, and cultural identity.
- Attached to many spiritual belief systems.
- One of the first art forms demonstrating individual and cultural expression.
- Found and used by most cultures of the world.
- Neither gender nor age specific: they are worn by all!
Whether you are a committed jewelry artist, a part-time craft enthusiast, or just love all things jewelry, you will not want to miss this very informative and colorful evening!
We will provide seating, so your RSVP to email@example.com is greatly appreciated.